- TPLM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.4 million.
- TPLM has traded 95,537 shares today.
- TPLM is down 7.2% today.
- TPLM was up 13.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TPLM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TPLM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TPLM: Triangle Petroleum Corporation is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of unconventional shale oil and natural gas resources in the Bakken Shale and Three Forks formations in the Williston Basin of North Dakota and Montana. TPLM has a PE ratio of 6.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Triangle Petroleum a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Triangle Petroleum has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Triangle has a market cap of $442.8 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.93 and a short float of 18.7% with 2.82 days to cover. Shares are down 34.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Triangle Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TPLM's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 96.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 47.57% is the gross profit margin for TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of TPLM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TPLM's net profit margin of 14.58% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 46.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $47.22 million to $25.40 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.27 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, TPLM maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.88, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Triangle Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.