- SWIR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.9 million.
- SWIR has traded 282,423 shares today.
- SWIR is trading at 2.40 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SWIR is trading at a new high 5.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SWIR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SWIR NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SWIR's share price has jumped by 114.16%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although SWIR had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, SIERRA WIRELESS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SIERRA WIRELESS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.84%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.02% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Sierra Wireless Ratings Report.