- SXT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.6 million.
- SXT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- SXT has a PE ratio of 36.0.
- SXT is mentioned 0.06 times per day on StockTwits.
- SXT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- SXT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- SXT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- SXT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- SXT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SXT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SXT NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on SXT: Sensient Technologies Corporation manufactures and markets colors, flavors, and fragrances in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, the Flavors and Fragrances Group, and the Color Group. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. SXT has a PE ratio of 36.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sensient Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Sensient Technologies has been 200,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sensient has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 3% with 5.26 days to cover. Shares are up 26% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sensient Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.42, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.18, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $57.67 million or 20.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.93%.
- 37.44% is the gross profit margin for SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.84% trails the industry average.
- SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORP's earnings per share declined by 26.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORP reported lower earnings of $2.29 versus $2.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.00 versus $2.29).
- SXT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Sensient Technologies Ratings Report.