- HCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $225.9 million.
- HCA has traded 3,364 shares today.
- HCA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCA: HCA Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides health care services. HCA has a PE ratio of 18.1. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate HCA Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for HCA Holdings has been 4.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HCA has a market cap of $32.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 2.7% with 2.75 days to cover. Shares are up 56.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HCA Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 46.83% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 59.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HCA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 41.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $365.00 million to $518.00 million.
- HCA's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,128.00 million or 25.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.01%.
- HCA HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 46.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HCA HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $3.36 versus $3.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.55 versus $3.36).
- You can view the full HCA Holdings Ratings Report.