- CHK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $372.8 million.
- CHK has traded 763,583 shares today.
- CHK is up 5.9% today.
- CHK was down 7.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CHK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CHK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CHK: Chesapeake Energy Corporation is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, and development of properties for the production of natural gas, oil, and natural gas liquids (NGL) from underground reservoirs in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. CHK has a PE ratio of 23.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Chesapeake Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Chesapeake Energy has been 14.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Chesapeake Energy has a market cap of $12.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.44 and a short float of 7.3% with 2.25 days to cover. Shares are down 26.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP has improved earnings per share by 8.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.68 versus -$1.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.64 versus $0.68).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 228.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $201.00 million to $661.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.71, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.46 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.