- HIW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.5 million.
- HIW is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HIW has a PE ratio of 37.9.
- HIW is mentioned 0.53 times per day on StockTwits.
- HIW has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HIW is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HIW is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HIW is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HIW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIW: Highwoods Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The trust engages in leasing, management, development, construction, and other customer-related services for its properties and for third parties. It invests in the real estate markets of United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. HIW has a PE ratio of 37.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Highwoods Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Highwoods Properties has been 856,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Highwoods has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 6.4% with 4.27 days to cover. Shares are up 21.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Highwoods Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.66 versus $0.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.91 versus $0.66).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Highwoods Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.