- HZO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.0 million.
- HZO is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HZO has a PE ratio of 40.0.
- HZO is mentioned 0.29 times per day on StockTwits.
- HZO has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HZO is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HZO is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HZO is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HZO is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HZO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HZO NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on HZO: MarineMax, Inc. operates as a recreational boat and yacht retailer in the United States. It sells new and used recreational boats, including pleasure boats, such as sport boats, sport cruisers, sport yachts, and yachts; fishing boats; convertible yachts; motor yachts; jet boats; and ski boats. HZO has a PE ratio of 40.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate MarineMax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for MarineMax has been 157,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. MarineMax has a market cap of $461.7 million and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.34 and a short float of 8.7% with 13.71 days to cover. Shares are up 15.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MarineMax as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.52, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.25 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HZO's share price has jumped by 28.08%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- MARINEMAX INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MARINEMAX INC reported lower earnings of $0.46 versus $0.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.86 versus $0.46).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income has decreased by 1.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $5.21 million to $5.12 million.
- You can view the full MarineMax Ratings Report.