- NKE has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 21.48 mentions/day.
- NKE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $432.9 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NKE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NKE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NKE: NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, markets, and sells athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories for men, women, and kids worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. NKE has a PE ratio of 29.1. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Nike a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nike has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nike has a market cap of $63.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.46 and a short float of 1.4% with 1.64 days to cover. Shares are up 20.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nike as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.74% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.14% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NKE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- NIKE INC has improved earnings per share by 26.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NIKE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.98 versus $2.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.59 versus $2.98).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 23.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $780.00 million to $962.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NKE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, NKE has a quick ratio of 1.70, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Nike Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.