- TCK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $72.5 million.
- TCK has traded 515,372 shares today.
- TCK is trading at 2.80 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TCK is trading at a new high 3.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TCK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TCK NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.44, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that TCK's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.84 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- TCK, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 68.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $267.00 million to $84.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for TECK RESOURCES LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.33%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.73% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Teck Resources Ratings Report.