- ROG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.3 million.
- ROG has traded 56,513 shares today.
- ROG is trading at 26.10 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ROG is trading at a new high 6.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ROG: Rogers Corporation develops, manufactures, and distributes specialty material-based products worldwide. ROG has a PE ratio of 22.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Rogers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Rogers has been 94,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Rogers has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.77 and a short float of 2% with 3.29 days to cover. Shares are up 14.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rogers as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ROG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.90, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- 43.69% is the gross profit margin for ROGERS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.50% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 91.20% to $27.79 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ROGERS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.46%.
- You can view the full Rogers Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.