- NLNK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.2 million.
- NLNK has traded 51,436 shares today.
- NLNK is down 3.1% today.
- NLNK was up 7.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NLNK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NLNK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NLNK: NewLink Genetics Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing immunotherapeutic products to enhance treatment options for patients with cancer. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate NewLink Genetics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for NewLink Genetics has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NewLink has a market cap of $925.5 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.23 and a short float of 31.2% with 13.38 days to cover. Shares are up 50.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NewLink Genetics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$8.51 million or 35.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- NEWLINK GENETICS CORP has improved earnings per share by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEWLINK GENETICS CORP reported poor results of -$1.24 versus -$1.12 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 26.6% in earnings (-$1.57 versus -$1.24).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 31.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$8.12 million to -$5.60 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, NEWLINK GENETICS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- This stock has increased by 63.98% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in NLNK do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full NewLink Genetics Ratings Report.