- ACC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.8 million.
- ACC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ACC has a PE ratio of 72.0.
- ACC is mentioned 0.45 times per day on StockTwits.
- ACC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ACC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ACC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ACC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ACC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ACC: American Campus Communities, Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It primarily engages in developing, owning, and managing high-quality student housing communities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. ACC has a PE ratio of 72.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate American Campus Communities a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for American Campus Communities has been 874,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Campus has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.21 and a short float of 1.7% with 1.23 days to cover. Shares are up 24.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates American Campus Communities as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ACC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 13.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ACC's share price has jumped by 25.30%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although ACC had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- The gross profit margin for AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.88%. Regardless of ACC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ACC's net profit margin of -3.19% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 112.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $47.18 million to -$5.85 million.
- You can view the full American Campus Communities Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.