- WHR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $242.2 million.
- WHR has traded 409 shares today.
- WHR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WHR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WHR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WHR: Whirlpool Corporation manufactures and markets home appliances and related products worldwide. The company's principal products include laundry appliances, refrigerators and freezers, cooking appliances, dishwashers, mixers, and other portable household appliances. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. WHR has a PE ratio of 18.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Whirlpool a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Whirlpool has been 946,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Whirlpool has a market cap of $13.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 2.08 and a short float of 4% with 2.40 days to cover. Shares are up 20.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- WHIRLPOOL CORP has improved earnings per share by 19.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WHIRLPOOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $10.24 versus $5.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($11.63 versus $10.24).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Household Durables industry average. The net income increased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $196.00 million to $230.00 million.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Ratings Report.