- TJX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $251.8 million.
- TJX has traded 6,821 shares today.
- TJX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TJX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TJX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TJX: The TJX Companies, Inc. operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Marmaxx, HomeGoods, TJX Canada, and TJX Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. TJX has a PE ratio of 21.5. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate TJX Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for TJX Companies has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TJX Companies has a market cap of $44.8 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.00 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.49 days to cover. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TJX Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- TJX COMPANIES INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TJX COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.95 versus $2.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.13 versus $2.95).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TJX's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.61, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, TJX COMPANIES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full TJX Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.