- SYK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $124.4 million.
- SYK has traded 862 shares today.
- SYK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SYK: Stryker Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a medical technology company. The company operates in three segments: Reconstructive, MedSurg, and Neurotechnology and Spine. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. SYK has a PE ratio of 54.0. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Stryker Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Stryker Corporation has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Stryker has a market cap of $34.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 1.3% with 3.49 days to cover. Shares are up 23.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- SYK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.47, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SYK's share price has jumped by 28.43%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- STRYKER CORP's earnings per share declined by 40.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STRYKER CORP reported lower earnings of $2.63 versus $3.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.75 versus $2.63).
- The gross profit margin for STRYKER CORP is rather high; currently it is at 67.94%. Regardless of SYK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SYK's net profit margin of 2.38% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Stryker Corporation Ratings Report.