- STX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $164.1 million.
- STX has traded 693,531 shares today.
- STX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STX: Seagate Technology Public Limited Company designs, manufactures, and sells electronic data storage products in the Asia Pacific, the Americas, and EMEA countries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. STX has a PE ratio of 14.1. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Seagate Technology a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Seagate Technology has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Seagate Technology has a market cap of $20.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 2.39 and a short float of 5% with 6.72 days to cover. Shares are up 15.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, STX's share price has jumped by 32.13%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, STX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC reported lower earnings of $4.52 versus $4.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.19 versus $4.52).
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.29 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, STX has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.58, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Seagate Technology Ratings Report.