- RSG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $78.2 million.
- RSG has traded 3,400 shares today.
- RSG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RSG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RSG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RSG: Republic Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, and recycling and disposal services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers in the United States and Puerto Rico. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. RSG has a PE ratio of 19.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Republic Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Republic Services has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Republic Services has a market cap of $13.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 2.5% with 3.50 days to cover. Shares are up 18.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- REPUBLIC SERVICES INC has improved earnings per share by 10.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, REPUBLIC SERVICES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.61 versus $1.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.94 versus $1.61).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 8.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $171.40 million to $185.80 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.