- PRGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $155.2 million.
- PRGO has a PE ratio of 117.4.
- PRGO is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- PRGO is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- PRGO is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- PRGO is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- PRGO has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.7%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRGO NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on PRGO: Perrigo Company plc, through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and generic prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. PRGO has a PE ratio of 117.4. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Perrigo a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Perrigo has been 957,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Perrigo has a market cap of $20.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.19 days to cover. Shares are up 3.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Perrigo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PRGO has a quick ratio of 1.75, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 97.66% to $195.10 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PERRIGO CO PLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.47%.
- 47.13% is the gross profit margin for PERRIGO CO PLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.12% trails the industry average.
- PERRIGO CO PLC's earnings per share declined by 39.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PERRIGO CO PLC reported lower earnings of $1.65 versus $4.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.35 versus $1.65).
- You can view the full Perrigo Ratings Report.