- OCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $74.1 million.
- OCR has traded 81,573 shares today.
- OCR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OCR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OCR: Omnicare, Inc. operates as a healthcare services company that specializes in the management of pharmaceutical care in the United States and Canada. It operates through two segments, Long-Term Care Group and Specialty Care Group. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. OCR has a PE ratio of 29.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Omnicare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Omnicare has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Omnicare has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 8.4% with 8.19 days to cover. Shares are up 18.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 197.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$66.31 million to $64.83 million.
- OCR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.64, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 1.00 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- OMNICARE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, OMNICARE INC reported lower earnings of $0.74 versus $1.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.71 versus $0.74).
- You can view the full Omnicare Ratings Report.