- KR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $226.4 million.
- KR has traded 8,526 shares today.
- KR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KR: The Kroger Co., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer worldwide. The company also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. It operates retail food and drug stores, multi-department stores, jewelry stores, and convenience stores. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. KR has a PE ratio of 19.1. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Kroger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kroger has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kroger has a market cap of $30.2 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.13 days to cover. Shares are up 58% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 28.07% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 53.34% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KROGER CO has improved earnings per share by 28.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KROGER CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.90 versus $2.77 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.37 versus $2.90).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Food & Staples Retailing industry average. The net income increased by 21.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $299.00 million to $362.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 136.51% to $719.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KROGER CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 31.91%.
- You can view the full Kroger Ratings Report.