- HUM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $191.4 million.
- HUM has traded 400 shares today.
- HUM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HUM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HUM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HUM: Humana Inc., a health care company, offers a range of insurance products, and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. The company operates in Retail, Employer Group, Healthcare Services, and Other Businesses segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. HUM has a PE ratio of 22.7. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Humana a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Humana has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Humana has a market cap of $21.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 3.4% with 4.11 days to cover. Shares are up 38.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HUM's share price has jumped by 39.78%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HUM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.43, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HUM has a quick ratio of 1.52, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HUMANA INC's earnings per share declined by 19.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HUMANA INC increased its bottom line by earning $7.70 versus $7.46 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 2.0% in earnings ($7.55 versus $7.70).
- You can view the full Humana Ratings Report.