- CBOE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.7 million.
- CBOE has traded 74,404 shares today.
- CBOE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBOE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBOE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CBOE: CBOE Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates markets for the trading of listed, or exchange-traded, derivatives contracts. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. CBOE has a PE ratio of 29.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate CBOE Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for CBOE Holdings has been 629,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. CBOE has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.04 and a short float of 3.1% with 3.99 days to cover. Shares are up 20.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CBOE Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.23% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CBOE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CBOE HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 21.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CBOE HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.99 versus $1.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.26 versus $1.99).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Diversified Financial Services industry average. The net income increased by 16.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $41.36 million to $48.37 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CBOE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.14, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full CBOE Holdings Ratings Report.