- BFAM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.7 million.
- BFAM has traded 45,326 shares today.
- BFAM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BFAM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BFAM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BFAM: Bright Horizons Family Solutions Inc. provides child care and early education, and other services for employers and families. It operates through three segments: Full-Service Center-Based Child Care, Back-Up Dependent Care, and Other Educational Advisory Services. BFAM has a PE ratio of 38.5. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Bright Horizons Family Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bright Horizons Family Solutions has been 166,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bright Horizons Family has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are up 24.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bright Horizons Family Solutions as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BFAM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- BRIGHT HORIZONS FAMILY SOLTN reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BRIGHT HORIZONS FAMILY SOLTN increased its bottom line by earning $0.15 versus $0.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.44 versus $0.15).
- BFAM's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.80 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.73 is weak.
- The gross profit margin for BRIGHT HORIZONS FAMILY SOLTN is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.46%. Regardless of BFAM's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.59% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $16.94 million or 26.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Bright Horizons Family Solutions Ratings Report.