- CERS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.2 million.
- CERS traded 261,818 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:08 AM, representing 11.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CERS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CERS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CERS: Cerus Corporation, together with its subsidiary, Cerus Europe B.V., operates as a biomedical products company in Europe, the Commonwealth of Independent States, and the Middle East. The company develops and commercializes the INTERCEPT Blood System to enhance blood safety. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cerus a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Cerus has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cerus has a market cap of $374.1 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.68 and a short float of 19.2% with 5.50 days to cover. Shares are down 9.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$11.74 million or 92.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- CERS has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 20.42% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, CERUS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CERS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- CERUS CORP has improved earnings per share by 44.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CERUS CORP reported poor results of -$0.64 versus -$0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.58 versus -$0.64).
- You can view the full Cerus Ratings Report.