The analyst firm raised its fiscal 2015 EPS estimates for the business services company to $2.15 a share from $2.14 a share. Pacific Crest also raised its fiscal 2016 EPS estimates for Vantiv to $2.44 a share from $2.41 a share.
"According to our estimates, same-store-sales (SSS) trends in Vantiv's key large retail verticals (supermarket, retail, drug, restaurants) have improved roughly 100 basis points since the beginning of the year, despite tougher comparisons," analyst Josh Beck wrote. "After accounting for the secular transition to digital payments, which is not reflected in retailer SSS metrics, we estimate out-year growth at tier-1 customer could be closer to 6% vs. our previous estimate of 5%."
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates VANTIV INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate VANTIV INC (VNTV) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 382.84% to $206.34 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VANTIV INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.41%.
- VANTIV INC's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VANTIV INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.88 versus $0.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.86 versus $0.88).
- 46.27% is the gross profit margin for VANTIV INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of VNTV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.30% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: \VNTV Ratings Report