- NVO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.0 million.
- NVO traded 501,804 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:01 AM, representing 40.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVO: Novo Nordisk A/S engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceutical products primarily in Denmark. It operates in two segments, Diabetes Care and Biopharmaceuticals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Novo Nordisk A/S a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Novo Nordisk A/S has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Novo Nordisk A/S has a market cap of $119.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 17.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Novo Nordisk A/S as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NVO's share price has jumped by 28.61%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NVO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, NOVO NORDISK A/S's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NOVO NORDISK A/S is currently very high, coming in at 84.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.69% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 54.50% to $1,898.67 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NOVO NORDISK A/S has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.47%.
- NVO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.90 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Novo Nordisk A/S Ratings Report.