Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- G. Willi-Food International (WILC) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate G WILLI-FOOD INTL LTD (WILC) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- WILC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 12.25, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 62.71% to $2.41 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 32.10%.
- G WILLI-FOOD INTL LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, G WILLI-FOOD INTL LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.70 versus $0.50 in the prior year.
- WILC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The share price of G WILLI-FOOD INTL LTD has not done very well: it is down 9.94% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WILC Ratings Report