- OREX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.5 million.
- OREX traded 298,411 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:16 AM, representing 10.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OREX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OREX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OREX: Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of pharmaceutical product candidates for the treatment of obesity. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Orexigen Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Orexigen Therapeutics has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Orexigen has a market cap of $728.5 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.87 and a short float of 39.9% with 12.48 days to cover. Shares are up 13.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Orexigen Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, OREXIGEN THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$15.48 million or 15.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.91 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 6.93, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- In its most recent trading session, OREX has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- OREXIGEN THERAPEUTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, OREXIGEN THERAPEUTICS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.80 versus -$1.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.22 versus -$0.80).
- You can view the full Orexigen Therapeutics Ratings Report.