- BBRY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $105.3 million.
- BBRY traded 1.8 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:18 AM, representing 15.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BBRY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BBRY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BBRY: BlackBerry Limited provides wireless communications solutions worldwide. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates BlackBerry a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for BlackBerry has been 14.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackBerry has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 34.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BlackBerry as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been an overall disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, BLACKBERRY LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 13.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 41.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.43, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BBRY's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.39 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- BLACKBERRY LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLACKBERRY LTD reported poor results of -$11.17 versus -$1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.25 versus -$11.17).
- The gross profit margin for BLACKBERRY LTD is rather high; currently it is at 57.97%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -22.59% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.