- SXL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.5 million.
- SXL has traded 217,897 shares today.
- SXL is trading at 9.02 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SXL is trading at a new low 3.04% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SXL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SXL NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 122.22% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.04% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SXL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 98.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $78.00 million to $155.00 million.
- SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS LP reported lower earnings of $1.63 versus $2.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.80 versus $1.63).
- You can view the full Sunoco Logistics Partners Ratings Report.