- ORCL has 18x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 9.90 mentions/day.
- ORCL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $625.6 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ORCL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ORCL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ORCL: Oracle Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, hosts, and supports database and middleware software, application software, cloud infrastructure, hardware systems, and related services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. ORCL has a PE ratio of 17.2. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Oracle Corporation a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Oracle Corporation has been 14.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Oracle has a market cap of $182.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 1% with 2.42 days to cover. Shares are up 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Oracle Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- ORCL's revenue growth trails the industry average of 27.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ORACLE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 82.31%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 25.40% is above that of the industry average.
- ORACLE CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ORACLE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.39 versus $2.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.04 versus $2.39).
- You can view the full Oracle Corporation Ratings Report.