- NVDQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.9 million.
- NVDQ has traded 55,003 shares today.
- NVDQ is trading at 2.26 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NVDQ is trading at a new low 3.05% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVDQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVDQ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVDQ: Novadaq Technologies Inc. develops, manufactures, and commercializes fluorescence imaging products and therapeutic devices for use by surgeons in the operating room and other clinical settings where open and minimally invasive surgery or interventional procedures are performed. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Novadaq Technologies a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Novadaq Technologies has been 415,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Novadaq has a market cap of $887.1 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. Shares are down 3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Novadaq Technologies as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$3.64 million or 367.67% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, NOVADAQ TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- NOVADAQ TECHNOLOGIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NOVADAQ TECHNOLOGIES INC reported poor results of -$0.47 versus -$0.34 in the prior year.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- NVDQ has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 21.60, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Novadaq Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.