- CONN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.3 million.
- CONN has traded 124,839 shares today.
- CONN is down 3.5% today.
- CONN was up 13.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CONN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CONN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CONN: Conn's, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of durable consumer goods and related services in Texas, Arizona, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico, the United States. CONN has a PE ratio of 8.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Conn's a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Conn's has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Conn's has a market cap of $572.8 million and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.88 and a short float of 49.1% with 3.76 days to cover. Shares are down 82% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Conn's as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CONN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CONN'S INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.15%. Regardless of CONN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.82% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, CONN'S INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 112.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $24.38 million to -$3.06 million.
- You can view the full Conn's Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.