- ATU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.6 million.
- ATU has traded 190,281 shares today.
- ATU is trading at 19.75 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ATU is trading at a new low 4.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATU NOW at Trade-Ideas
- ATU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.12, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 42.15% is the gross profit margin for ACTUANT CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.04% is above that of the industry average.
- ACTUANT CORP's earnings per share declined by 15.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACTUANT CORP reported lower earnings of $1.95 versus $1.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.06 versus $1.95).
- You can view the full Actuant Ratings Report.