- WDC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $236.3 million.
- WDC has traded 27,353 shares today.
- WDC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WDC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WDC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WDC: Western Digital Corporation, through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and sells data storage solutions that enable consumers, businesses, governments, and other organizations to create, manage, experience, and preserve digital content. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. WDC has a PE ratio of 16.5. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Western Digital a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Western Digital has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Western Digital has a market cap of $24.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.66 and a short float of 1.6% with 1.72 days to cover. Shares are up 24.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although WDC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.27 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, WDC has a quick ratio of 1.86, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WDC's share price has jumped by 38.77%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- WESTERN DIGITAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 14.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WESTERN DIGITAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.69 versus $3.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.23 versus $6.69).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $827.00 million or 21.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, WESTERN DIGITAL CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 35.16%.
- You can view the full Western Digital Ratings Report.