- RSTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.3 million.
- RSTI is making at least a new 3-day high.
- RSTI has a PE ratio of 32.1.
- RSTI is mentioned 0.84 times per day on StockTwits.
- RSTI has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- RSTI is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- RSTI is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- RSTI is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- RSTI is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RSTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RSTI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on RSTI: ROFIN-SINAR Technologies Inc. engages in the design, development, engineering, manufacturing, and marketing of laser sources and laser-based system solutions for industrial material processing applications worldwide. RSTI has a PE ratio of 32.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Rofin-Sinar Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Rofin-Sinar Technologies has been 188,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Rofin-Sinar has a market cap of $802.5 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.10 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.12 days to cover. Shares are up 3.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rofin-Sinar Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RSTI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.55, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 39.95% is the gross profit margin for ROFIN SINAR TECHNOLOGIES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.19% trails the industry average.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- ROFIN SINAR TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 22.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROFIN SINAR TECHNOLOGIES INC reported lower earnings of $0.90 versus $1.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.60 versus $0.90).
- RSTI, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Rofin-Sinar Technologies Ratings Report.