- JAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $74.2 million.
- JAH is making at least a new 3-day high.
- JAH has a PE ratio of 43.8.
- JAH is mentioned 1.94 times per day on StockTwits.
- JAH has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- JAH is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- JAH is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- JAH is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- JAH is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JAH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JAH: Jarden Corporation manufactures, markets, and distributes consumer products in the Unites States and internationally. JAH has a PE ratio of 43.8. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Jarden a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Jarden has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Jarden has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.57 and a short float of 3.7% with 4.28 days to cover. Shares are up 11.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jarden as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Household Durables industry average. The net income increased by 14.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $94.90 million to $108.60 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $124.50 million or 19.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, JARDEN CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -67.95%.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- JARDEN CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JARDEN CORP reported lower earnings of $1.21 versus $1.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.63 versus $1.21).
- You can view the full Jarden Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.