- CLX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $126.3 million.
- CLX has traded 760 shares today.
- CLX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLX: The Clorox Company manufactures and markets consumer and professional products worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Cleaning, Household, Lifestyle, and International. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. CLX has a PE ratio of 23.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Clorox a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Clorox has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Clorox has a market cap of $12.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 6.6% with 6.89 days to cover. Shares are up 7.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Clorox as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $243.00 million or 36.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CLOROX CO/DE's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 62.41%.
- 45.93% is the gross profit margin for CLOROX CO/DE which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CLX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.65% trails the industry average.
- CLOROX CO/DE's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CLOROX CO/DE reported lower earnings of $4.28 versus $4.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.45 versus $4.28).
- You can view the full Clorox Ratings Report.