- ALU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.8 million.
- ALU traded 1.2 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:06 AM, representing 18.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALU: Alcatel-Lucent provides Internet protocol (IP) and cloud networking, and ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, enterprises, and institutions worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Core Networking, Access, and Other. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Alcatel-Lucent a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alcatel-Lucent has been 9.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Alcatel-Lucent has a market cap of $9.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 26.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alcatel-Lucent as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ALCATEL-LUCENT reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ALCATEL-LUCENT continued to lose money by earning -$0.75 versus -$1.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.02 versus -$0.75).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 105.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$335.70 million to $16.67 million.
- 38.37% is the gross profit margin for ALCATEL-LUCENT which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, ALU's net profit margin of 0.48% significantly trails the industry average.
- ALU has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 24.45% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.81 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, ALU maintains a poor quick ratio of 1.00, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Alcatel-Lucent Ratings Report.