- ECA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $143.3 million.
- ECA is up 7.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ECA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ECA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ECA: Encana Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in exploration for, development, production, and marketing of natural gas, oil, and natural gas liquids in Canada and the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. ECA has a PE ratio of 2.9. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Encana a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Encana has been 6.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Encana has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 30.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Encana as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ECA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 64.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.69, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ENCANA CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ENCANA CORP is rather high; currently it is at 54.00%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 122.84% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Encana Ratings Report.