- SUI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.4 million.
- SUI has traded 50,090 shares today.
- SUI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SUI: Sun Communities, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). It owns, operates, and develops manufactured housing communities in the midwestern, southern, and southeastern United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. SUI has a PE ratio of 67.5. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Sun Communities a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Sun Communities has been 288,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sun has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 6.1% with 8.77 days to cover. Shares are up 37.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sun Communities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SUI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 13.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 440.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 50.17% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- SUN COMMUNITIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SUN COMMUNITIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.32 versus $0.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.48 versus $0.32).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 359.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.26 million to $24.19 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SUN COMMUNITIES INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Sun Communities Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.