- AEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.6 million.
- AEL has traded 128,526 shares today.
- AEL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AEL: American Equity Investment Life Holding Company, through its subsidiaries, operates in the insurance business in 50 states and the District of Columbia. It underwrites fixed annuities, including fixed index annuities and fixed rate annuities, as well as single premium immediate annuities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. AEL has a PE ratio of 15.6. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates American Equity Investment Life a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for American Equity Investment Life has been 625,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Equity Investment Life has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.98 and a short float of 5% with 5.88 days to cover. Shares are up 3.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates American Equity Investment Life as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Insurance industry average. The net income increased by 20.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $56.18 million to $67.82 million.
- AMERICAN EQTY INVT LIFE HLDG has improved earnings per share by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICAN EQTY INVT LIFE HLDG increased its bottom line by earning $3.48 versus $0.88 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 34.2% in earnings ($2.29 versus $3.48).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 21.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 20.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.41, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- You can view the full American Equity Investment Life Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.