- WHR has 11x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.55 mentions/day.
- WHR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $163.9 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WHR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WHR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WHR: Whirlpool Corporation manufactures and markets home appliances and related products worldwide. The company's principal products include laundry appliances, refrigerators and freezers, cooking appliances, dishwashers, mixers, and other portable household appliances. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. WHR has a PE ratio of 19.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Whirlpool a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Whirlpool has been 907,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Whirlpool has a market cap of $14.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 2.08 and a short float of 4% with 3.31 days to cover. Shares are up 16.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Whirlpool as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- WHIRLPOOL CORP has improved earnings per share by 19.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WHIRLPOOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $10.24 versus $5.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($11.63 versus $10.24).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Household Durables industry average. The net income increased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $196.00 million to $230.00 million.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.