- CA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.1 million.
- CA has traded 1.6 million shares today.
- CA is trading at 1.60 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CA crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CA: CA Technologies, Inc. together with its subsidiaries, provides information technology (IT) management software and solutions that help organizations develop, manage, and secure IT environments in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. CA has a PE ratio of 17.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate CA a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for CA has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CA has a market cap of $13.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.54 and a short float of 2.7% with 2.96 days to cover. Shares are down 11.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CA as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry average. The net income increased by 6.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $240.00 million to $256.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for CA INC is currently very high, coming in at 85.26%. Regardless of CA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CA's net profit margin of 23.72% compares favorably to the industry average.
- CA INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CA INC reported lower earnings of $1.96 versus $2.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.45 versus $1.96).
- CA, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 27.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full CA Ratings Report.