- OUTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.6 million.
- OUTR has traded 34,707 shares today.
- OUTR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OUTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OUTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OUTR: Outerwall Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides automated retail solutions primarily in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. OUTR has a PE ratio of 16.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Outerwall a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Outerwall has been 560,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Outerwall has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.00 and a short float of 44.9% with 16.53 days to cover. Shares are up 8.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Outerwall as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, OUTERWALL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- OUTR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 78.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $82.66 million to $17.89 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 21.13 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, OUTR has a quick ratio of 0.54, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Outerwall Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.