- SGY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.4 million.
- SGY has traded 120,401 shares today.
- SGY is trading at 2.09 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SGY is trading at a new high 4.00% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SGY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SGY NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.85, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, SGY has a quick ratio of 1.62, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 37.53% is the gross profit margin for STONE ENERGY CORP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SGY's net profit margin of -16.05% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- STONE ENERGY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STONE ENERGY CORP reported lower earnings of $2.36 versus $3.03 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 76.3% in earnings ($0.56 versus $2.36).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 181.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $36.10 million to -$29.42 million.
- You can view the full Stone Energy Ratings Report.