- AMGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $281.2 million.
- AMGN traded 11,552 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:24 AM.
- AMGN is down 47.7% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMGN: Amgen Inc., a biotechnology company, discovers, develops, manufactures, and delivers human therapeutics in the areas of oncology, hematology, inflammation, bone health, nephrology, cardiovascular, and general medicine worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. AMGN has a PE ratio of 26.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Amgen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Amgen has been 4.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Amgen has a market cap of $126.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.43 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.53 days to cover. Shares are up 44.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AMGN's share price has jumped by 46.90%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMGN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 41.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AMGEN INC is currently very high, coming in at 89.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 24.72% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 51.68% to $2,741.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 51.68%, AMGEN INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 117.71%.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.