- MT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.0 million.
- MT traded 533,325 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:31 AM, representing 10.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MT: ArcelorMittal, Societe Anonyme, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated steel and mining company worldwide. The company operates in six segments: Flat Carbon Americas; Flat Carbon Europe; Long Carbon Americas and Europe; AACIS; Distribution Solutions; and Mining. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate ArcelorMittal a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for ArcelorMittal has been 6.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ArcelorMittal has a market cap of $18.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 39% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ArcelorMittal as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ARCELORMITTAL SA reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ARCELORMITTAL SA continued to lose money by earning -$1.46 versus -$2.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.24 versus -$1.46).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 111.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$193.00 million to $22.00 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ARCELORMITTAL SA has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.48, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.40 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for ARCELORMITTAL SA is currently extremely low, coming in at 9.49%. Regardless of MT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MT's net profit margin of 0.10% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full ArcelorMittal Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.