- AES has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $79.0 million.
- AES has traded 3.3 million shares today.
- AES traded in a range 202.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.63.
- AES traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 37 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 37 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AES with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AES NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- AES CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, AES CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.37 versus -$1.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.28 versus $0.37).
- The gross profit margin for AES CORP is rather low; currently it is at 24.30%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.98% is above that of the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.79 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, AES maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.79, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full AES Corporation Ratings Report.