- OAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $114.4 million.
- OAS is up 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OAS: Oasis Petroleum Inc., an independent exploration and production company, focuses on the acquisition and development of oil and natural gas resources in the North Dakota and Montana regions of the Williston Basin. OAS has a PE ratio of 2.9. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Oasis Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Oasis Petroleum has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Oasis has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.53 and a short float of 8.9% with 0.95 days to cover. Shares are down 76.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Oasis Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- OASIS PETROLEUM INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, OASIS PETROLEUM INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.44 versus $1.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.46 versus $2.44).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, OASIS PETROLEUM INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- OAS's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 67.30%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.51 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. To add to this, OAS has a quick ratio of 0.68, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Oasis Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.